Council information, planning and performance
Effective strategic planning and performance management are essential to:
- clearly define and communicate our priorities,
- review our strengths and areas for improvement,
- monitor the standard of services we provide; and
- provide openness and transparency in the way we work.
We have a clear strategic planning and performance management hierarchy that comprises:
- the Community Plan for Fife - with longer-term partnership goals and targets
- the Fife Council Plan - showing medium-term council priorities and targets
- Directorate and Service Plans - with shorter-term service-level objectives and targets
The effectiveness of our strategic planning and performance management arrangements in Fife are assessed by Audit Scotland as part of their audit of best value and community planning.
You can find out more about the council, its policies and plans for the future on these pages or in the council departments section.